“GenRocket Editions” Brings the Benefits of Real-Time Synthetic Test Data Generation to Quality Assurance Teams of all Sizes
Ojai, California – GenRocket today announced the availability of GenRocket Editions, a tiered pricing and packaging plan for its advanced Test Data Generation (TDG) platform. GenRocket TDG™ is the software testing industry’s most comprehensive solution for test data provisioning and a perfect match for the latest test automation tools required for DevOps and Agile software development environments.
GenRocket TDG generates Real-Time Synthetic Test Data at 10,000 rows per second based on the data model of the application under test by executing Test Data Scenarios that define the volume and variety of data needed for each test case. GenRocket TDG is 1000% faster than traditional Test Data Management (TDM) systems and eliminates the need for manual test data creation using Excel spreadsheets.
As QA teams automate their testing processes, provisioning test data remains the single biggest hurdle for delivering quality at speed. The 2018-19 edition of the World Quality Report identified the following challenges faced by 1700 QA executives from 10 industry sectors in 32 countries.
- Maintaining test data consistency across different systems
- Managing the size of test data sets
- Creating and maintaining test data that are not copied from production data
- Creating and retaining useful copies from production data
- Lack of test data for complex integration testing
- Maintaining the right test data set versions with different test versions
- Complying with data security and data privacy regulations
- Finding the relevant tested a large test data set
As stated in the report, “66% of respondents said that they used spread sheets to manually generate new test data for multiple iterations of testing… another 62% of respondents said that they copied production data which they anonymized before testing… Clearly, the maturity of test data provisioning is not changing in enterprises.”
GenRocket TDG overcomes these challenges with a flexible platform that integrates with the latest tools for managing CI/CD pipelines and automating test operations. With GenRocket TDG, the exact test data needed for a given test is generated on-demand and eliminated upon test completion. Comprehensive test data can be generated in a matter of seconds to provide full coverage for functional, performance and regression testing using a simple self-service process.
“To perform continuous testing of software quality, one needs continuous test data as well,” said Garth Rose, CEO and Co-founder of GenRocket. “We developed GenRocket Editions to allow any business of any size to ensure the quality of their code as they accelerate their pace of development. From a small technology startup with a single application to a global enterprise with dozens of operating units and hundreds of applications, GenRocket TDG scales up or down to meet their requirements.”
GenRocket Editions is packaged as three tiers of increasing functionality:
- GenRocket GROUP: Priced and packaged for startup companies or small groups of 1 to 10 testers to enable them to utilize the power of GenRocket TDG for testing up to 5 separate applications
- GenRocket PROFESSIONAL: Expands the scope and capability of GenRocket Group for a mid-sized company or a testing staff of 5 to 50 users and test data projects for up to 25 applications.
- GenRocket ENTERPRISE: Enables large-scale deployment of GenRocket TDG across an organization with multiple business units or software environments with unlimited user licenses, projects and project versions for testing any number of applications.
GenRocket Editions provides important core features that are common to all three tiers:
- Speed of Test Data Generation (10,000 rows/second)
- Access to all 225 GenRocket test data generators
- Assured Referential Integrity across all data tables
- Ability to have data consistency across applications/test data projects
- Blending of synthetic test data with queried production data
- Simple and powerful self-service capability to define and generate test data
- Integration with CI/CD pipeline servers (e.g., Jenkins)
- Integration with test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Junit, Jmeter, Saucelabs, etc.)
- Integration with Salesforce.com and other application ecosystems
- Private cloud hosting with 7x24x365 monitoring and maintenance
- Access to the GenRocket University learning management system
GenRocket Professional builds on the capabilities of GenRocket Group with an expanded size for teams, projects and project versions, an unlimited volume of test data scenarios and test data, optional dedicated private cloud and features for greater scalability and flexibility.
GenRocket Enterprise expands on the capabilities of GenRocket Professional with an unlimited size for teams, projects and project versions and the ability to add Industry Solution Modules such as X12 EDI management and HL7 data formatting for healthcare applications.
For GenRocket customers and certified partners, the company has made GenRocket University, an online training platform, available at no cost to help testers and solutions architects quickly learn about all the powerful GenRocket TDG capabilities. Details about all GenRocket Edition pricing and packaging options can be found on the company’s website here.
GenRocket is the leader in real-time synthetic Test Data Generation (TDG), high-performance technology for provisioning test data at the speed of development. GenRocket’s groundbreaking platform accelerates test data provisioning by more than 1000% as it improves data quality and test coverage while it reduces cost and ensures data privacy. Headquartered in Ojai, California, GenRocket operates in global markets through a network of testing service partners.
For more information, please visit www.GenRocket.com