The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT): Software and Systems Testing for Devices That Must Not Failby admin on Dec 14, 2022
The pace of change in the healthcare industry is astonishing, but none more so than in the new and emerging area of technology called the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT). According to a Deloitte report, over 500,000 technologies exist that generate, analyze, monitor, and transmit health data. Industry experts predict that over 20 billion devices will exist in the marketplace over the next 5 – 10 years with more on the way.
These devices include everything from ‘smart watches’ which help users monitor their heart rate during exercise to insulin pumps, pacemakers, and other devices that enable a patient’s health to be monitored remotely.
And, while it’s inconvenient if a health monitoring watch fails, if an implanted insulin meter or pacemaker fails – it can mean the difference between life or death.
Such devices and systems must be thoroughly tested to ensure that every possible reason for failure is rooted out before the device is used on a vulnerable patient. But developers and testers require an exceptional volume, variety, and format of test data to ensure every combination and permutation is adequately tested before a device or related software enters the market.
GenRocket Synthetic Test Data Solution for IoMT
Provisioning quality data for testing IoMT software is complicated, but GenRocket’s Test Data Automation platform is up to the task. GenRocket synthetic test data ensures that developers and quality assurance teams always have access to data that:
- Meets healthcare industry standards
- Provides 100% HIPAA compliance
- Includes every combination and permutation required
- Offers edge and negative-case test data
- Provides an unlimited volume of data for testing
- Can support any structured or unstructured data format
- Is generated on-demand via distributed self-service portals
The benefits of using GenRocket synthetic test data for IoMT testing projects includes:
- Rapid production of clinically accurate data sets in any volume required
- Lightning-fast data produced in the volume, variety, and format needed
- Ability to create nearly unlimited data variety, including negative and edge-case data
- True testing depth, to exercise every part of any healthcare data processing system.
For a complete and in-depth look at how GenRocket synthetic test data supports IoMT device and system testing, read our latest “Solution Spotlight.”