The GenRocket Test Data Automation platform has been in development for more than 10 years with a vision of being able to accelerate and automate the delivery of accurate, controlled test data into any testing environment.
Over the years, the platform changed from a single user system that allowed developers & testers to generate data themselves, to a full enterprise-class test data platform that could be deployed and managed globally across hundreds of teams of developers and testers who were supported by a center of excellence (CoE) team.
Our customers love the power and flexibility of our platform and GenRocket’s ability to generate just about any volume, variety and format of data, however, our customers also want us to make every aspect of what GenRocket does faster, easier and more automated.
GenRocket’s methodology includes 4 key steps, or lifecycle stages, and we have added intelligent automation in each of these steps:
- Intelligent Automation (IA) are used to accelerate the process of modeling Test Data Projects with referential integrity so that the Project accurately reflect the application, database, or transaction set they are related to
- IA are used to identify data model changes and allow the Test Data Project to be automatically updated
- IA are used to automatically refactor all related GenRocket Scenarios and Test Data Cases
- IA are used to automatically create new versions of Test Data Projects
- IA are used to intelligently and automatically assign GenRocket Generators to the appropriate data Attribute
- IA are used to automate functions like “Copy” and used to quickly save parts of a Test Data Project as a template or “Preset”
- Intelligent Automation (IA) are used to detect data relationships within an application and quickly establish “Families” of related data tables
- IA are used to automate the design of Test Data Cases with each of the “Families” of related data tables… such as automatically designing Test Data Cases for Unit, Integration and Load testing
- IA are used to automate the process of generating all valid permutations and combinations to fully test an application
- Intelligent Automation (IA) are used to automate the setup of GenRocket Receivers (component that formats and delivers data to an end point). Instead of manual setup, most of a Receiver’s configuration process is automated and ensures that no coding or complex setup is required
- IA are used to automate the assignment of GenRocket Receivers. So if the customer is working on a Salesforce project, the system automatically assigns a Salesforce Receiver, if the customer is working on an X12 EDI project, the system automatically assigns the appropriate Receivers for EDI.
- IA are used during the customer’s testing process. For example, GenRocket Generators are intelligent and can hold “state” so that they automatically know where a data generation process ended and can pick up data generation where they left off, if that is required in the particular use case
- The GenRocket API is used by many GenRocket customers to intelligently automate test data design and deployment into their CI/CD pipelines
- IA are used extensively with G-Repository. Large GenRocket customers have hundreds of Test Data Projects with thousands of Test Data Cases. G-Repository automatically synchronizes all of the Test Data Project and Test Data Case information into the test environment without a developer or tester having to think about or manage any of the details. If a Test Data Case is updated, it is automatically synchronized.
- Intelligent Automation (IA) are used to automatically collect test data activity and usage across the platform and send and organize the summary usage data into a comprehensive analytics and reporting dashboard called G-Analytics.