Test Data Cases (G-Cases) Overview
In this lesson, you are going to learn about GenRocket Test Data Cases and GenRocket’s Test Data Cases Management Platform, fondly known as G-Cases.
What is a Test Data Case?
- A Test Data Case (TDC or G-Case) defines a specific set of test data that is required for a test case.
When should you use Test Data Cases?
- Any time you want to build test data.
What is the G-Cases Management Platform?
(Also referred to as the G-Cases Management Dashboard)
- GenRocket’s management platform for test data cases.
What does the G-Cases Management Platform do?
- It allows you to define, organize, and maintain different sets of Test Data Cases, also referred to as Test Data Case or G-Case Suites.
How to Access the G-Cases Management Platform
Test Data Cases are specific to a Project Version within a Project.
- Expand the Self Serve Menu Options drop-down menu within the Project Versions Pane.
Select G-Cases within the drop-down menu.
How to use Test Data Cases?
- Create a Test Data Case Suite
- Define different Test Data Categories
- Build different Test Data Cases
What is the Benefit?
- You can easily build complex test data for different types of testing challenges!
A Few Examples:
- Unit / Smoke Testing
- Load / Performance Testing
- Negative / Edge-Case Testing
- Integration Testing
- Permutation Testing