Before you start the installation section, make sure you have met the following installation requirements. These requirements must be met to use the GenRocket Web Application and GenRocket Runtime.
Use a Supported Operating System and Browser
Operating Systems: Windows 7+, Linux, and macOS. GenRocket can also support most OS that support Java.
Supported Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- Recommended Hardware Requirements for GenRocket Runtime
GenRocket can run on nearly any machine that supports Java. For an optimal experience, we recommend your machine has:
- 4 Core CPU
- 8GB RAM
- Install a Minimum of Java 1.7 (JRE)
Your computers must have at minimum Java 7 installed to run GenRocket. You can verify your version of Java at this site.
GenRocket does not support following versions of Java: Java 1.8 u20
Note 1: Some of the Generators take memory to maintain the uniqueness of random data that is being generated, therefore along with JAVA_HOME environment variable also, set JAVA_OPTS environment variable.
- For Windows users, set JAVA_OPTS to -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit
- For Linux/Mac users, set JAVA_OPTS to -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m
Note 2: For versions greater than Java 9+, please update JAVA_OPTS environment variable to:
JAVA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx2048m –add-opens java.base/jdk.internal.loader=ALL-UNNAMED –add-opens jdk.zipfs/jdk.nio.zipfs=ALL-UNNAMED
- Do Not Install GenRocket Runtime on a Secure Drive or Virtual Drive
Because of the security settings implemented by companies GenRocket may not run on secure drives. Please make sure to install GenRocket on an un-secure drive (usually your C:\ drive.)
- Verify you have access to app.genrocket.com
If you are unable to access app.genrocket.com from your corporate machine, you will need to send a request to your IT department to allow https access to this site.