What is a GenRocket Scenario?
In a Scenario the building blocks are comprised of Domains, Attributes, Generators, and Receivers. Once these four components are in place, a GenRocket Scenario can be created.
A Scenario allows you to define instructions for generating test data. These instructions are defined by doing the following:
- Selecting one or more Domains to generate data.
- Specifying how much data each Domain will generate.
- Determining the sequence in which the Domains will generate their data.
- Downloading the Scenario to a computer.
- Executing the Scenario using the GenRocket Runtime Engine.
One Scenario can generate data for only one Domain, which is referred to as the Primary Domain. All other Domains within a Scenario define parent/sibling relationships within the data.
Here you can see a Scenario with two Domains:
- User Domain – Primary Domain
- Address Domain – Sibling Domain
Running the Scenario with the configuration below will generate 50 user records with column data for each User Domain Attribute as an Excel File: