Creating Organization Level Generator Tags
Generators are automatically assigned to new Attributes by the Data Warehouse based on usage statistics. Generator Tags can be used to override this assignment.
Generator Tags define rules for assigning a Generator automatically to new Attributes based on a specified tag value and match type. They can be created at the Project or Organization Level.
Generator Tags created at the Organization Level can be applied to any Project Version within any Project.
How to Create an Organization Level Generator Tag
- Expand the Organization Menu and select Generator Tags.
- Click on the New Organization Generator Tag button.
- Enter a Name and Value.
- Select a Match Type.
- (Optional) Enable the Ignore Case option.
- Enter the Generator Name.
- Click the Save button.
- (Optional) Make changes to the Generators Parameter configuration. Click the Save button.
- Click the Close button.
How to Promote a Project Level Generator Tag to the Organization Level
A Project Level Generator Tag can be promoted to the Organization Level, at which point, it can be applied to any Project Version within any Project.
- In the Project Dashboard, select the Generator Tags Tab within the Management Pane.
- Click on the Move to Organization Generator icon in the Actions column.
- Click the Yes button.