Copy Domains, Generate CSV Files with Multiple Headers, and other Test Data Features by Hycel Taylor on Nov 05, 2017
Copy Domains, Generate CSV Files with Multiple Headers, and other Test Data FeaturesThis blog post focuses on new test data generation features we added to the GenRocket system today. Let’s dive in!
Copy Domain to Other ProjectsYou can now easily copy your Domains into any Project Version within your Organization. This will save you a significant amount of time from having to remake a complicated Domain everytime you want to add it to a project. To copy a Domain to a different Project Version:
- Click the copy button in the Domain Dashboard
- Select the Project Version you would like to copy your Domain to
- Name your new Domain
- Click save and your Domain is copied
DelimitedFileReciver Update: Support for Multi Row HeadersIn case you don’t know, the DelimitedFileReceiver generates test data in a delimited file format like CSV. The DelimitedFileReceiver now has optional parameters that allow it to read from an XML configuration file that defines one or more header rows for the delimited file output. When these two parameters are left empty, the DelimitedFileReceiver will automatically use each Attribute’s originalName parameter to define a one-row header in the delimited file output. These two parameters are:
- headerFilePath: Defines the path to an XML configuration file that has header information.
- headerFileName: Defines the file name of XML configuration file that has header information.